Episode 3 – Simon Temple on The Great Outdoors: A Playground to Steward & Respect
With Simon Temple
Simon Temple- on a career in extreme environments and surviving the un-survivable, on the weird and unorthodox ways of navigating out at sea, on how the mountains ground you through the senses they stimulate, the perspective that these extreme environments bring and how it disconnects you from the trivialities of the modern world.
About Simon Temple
Sailor, surfer, free diver, spear-fisherman and avalanche survivor, Simon Temple has lived a life on the edge. With more than 17 years as a cameraman/cinematographer, Simon is a certified IFMGA heli-ski guide, having worked in the great ranges of Canada, Alaska, New Zealand and Austria. Whilst working in Queenstown New Zealand, he landed roles on the films, Vertical limits, and Lord of the Rings, launching his illustrious career in the film industry.
- Monkey Man (Bron). Cameraman 2020/21, Indonesia
- Avatar 2 & 3 ( in production). Cameraman 2nd unit 2019, NZ
- Adrift (STX Entertainment) BTS/Cameraman 2017 Fiji/NZ
- Point break 2, (Alcon/Warner brothers), Cameraman 2nd unit 2014. Tahiti, Australia, USA.
- Mee-Shee: The Water Giant (MBP Germany), 2003. NZ (transport/location)
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (New Line Cinema), 2002. NZ (location assistant)
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (New Line Cinema), 2001. NZ (location assistant, main unit)
- Vertical Limits, 1999. NZ (location assistant)
- RedBull ‘The Ultimate Waterman’. 2017. New Zealand. (RedBull TV US). Cinematographer/ Cameraman
- RedBull ‘The Ultimate Waterman’. 2016. New Zealand. (RedBull TV US). Cameraman
- Get Out Alive ‘Bear Grylls’ 2013 New Zealand, (Electus/NBC). Cinematographer/Cameraman
- Survivor Show 2008, Season 16 & 17 USA, (CBS). 2007, Season 14 & 15 (CBS). Cameraman
- Eco Challenge 2001 (Borneo), 2002 (New Zealand), 2003 (Fiji) (USA Network). Cameraman
Broadcast (as an OB cameraman)
- Le Grand Raid, Reunion Islands, 2010
- RedBull Rampage 2007, 2008, 2009. RedBull media house, Utah, USA
- Red Bull X Games, RBMH, ESPN, USA 2009
- Womans FIVB Beach Volleyball championships, Universal Sports, USA, 2007
- FIS Ski Jumping world Champs, 2008 (ORF Austria)
- World Match Racing Series, Sail TV, 2007/08. UK
- Wilderness ARC, Adventure Racing world champs, Scotland 2007.
- Americas Cup 2007, 2010 (AC committee, sail TV)
- Red Bull Hike and Ride 2007 (ORF Austria)
- Nova Rock, Frequency 2007 (MTV Germany)
- Raid the North Extreme, Adventure Racing world champs, NL Canada 2004.
- Eco Challenge 2001 (Borneo), 2002 (New Zealand), 2003 (Fiji) (USA Network) Assistant camera